How you can help
Three ways to be involved
1. Join us at a Sewing Circle
We have organized a multicultural volunteer community, intentionally dismantling artificial barriers of race, ethnicity, religion, age, and sexual orientation. Friends old and new gather regularly at several locations to create feminine care kits. Everyone is welcome—men and children also participate. No sewing skills necessary; there will always be something for you to do.
2. Support us as a member/donor
We encourage all who volunteer at sewing circles to become annual members, according to ability. And we depend on donations for our work. Because we are an all-volunteer organization, your donation has full impact—keeping thousands of girls in school in Africa, and sustaining a vital community effort locally. Our donors keep us moving forward!
All donations are 100% tax deductible. You may choose to donate at a Sewing Circle, by mail, or right here by completing the form and paying through PayPal. We truly value your support!
$25 to become a sewing circle member
* $12 = Materials for one feminine care kit
* $36 = 36 washcloths
* $48 = 25 yards cotton fabric
* $72 = A bolt of moisture-proof material
* $144 = Feminine care kits for 12 girls
* $200 = Shipment of one duffle bag of kits to Africa
* $500 = 300 yards of flannel for pads
Or give any amount you like!
3. Enlist others
Conduct drives at your workplace, place of worship, school, or club for materials we need—such as washcloths (dark colors), hotel-size bars of soap, and fabric (flannel and quilting fabric—100% cotton and dark in color). If you have materials to donate, we'd love to hear from you.
We sing the praises of our sponsors and partners
First AME Church
Congregation Beth Shalom
Baitul Ehsaan Mosque
City of Seattle Sister City Association
Seattle Alumnae - Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Seattle Neighborhood Matching Fund
Donna Stringer & friends
You can donate here!
Special gifts for May donations
1) For any donation of $100 or more, we'll send you your choice of a #period t-shirt /or/ a colorful handsewn face mask. Give us your choice in the Comments field below. If you'd like a t-shirt, remember to provide your size (S, M, L, XL, XXL).
2) For the month of Mother's Day, you can make a gift donation in the name of any woman you'd like to honor. She'll receive a letter acknowledging this special gift!
Here’s how it works:
The materials for one menstrual care kit cost $12, and you can make a donation to cover any number of kits. For each contribution, we will send you a gift letter addressed to the woman you are honoring with your donation. (For example, with a donation of $48, your honoree will receive a letter saying that you have purchased four kits in her name.) In the Comments field below, give us the name(s) of the women and the number of kits, and we'll email you your gift letters. What a great way to give!